Burgers have earned their place as a comfort food. Burgers are easy to make, involves less mess and is consumed on-the-go. Even though it is common, there is nothing boring about burgers. You can prepare it with a wide array of fillings as per your preference giving you more room for experimentation.
Add a dash of sophistication and luxury to your burger using the French delicacy foie gras. This fattened liver of geese/ duck elevates the taste of burger. Its buttery, rich texture melts smooth in your mouth and guarantees mouthgasm. Foie grass is rich in calories and feels more filling when consumed. Try out these flavour-packed foie gras recipes at home.
Burgers with foie gras filling:
The trick is to select the highest-grade foie gras. Start by purchasing best quality French-made foie gras for making delicious foie gras burgers. If you are looking for foie gras, check out Foie Gras Gourmet. They feature foie gras products from top French brands and offer worldwide shipping. Place your order today.
Black truffle and wagyu foie gras burger:
- Take 2 tablespoons black truffle butter and flatten it into 2” thick disks on to a plastic wrap and place it in refrigerator.
- Slice a hole in the centre of wagyu patties and place a hard block of butter.
- Season the patties with salt and butter and spread a layer of softened truffle butter on them.
- Sear the foie gras slices on high flame until they are brown and caramelized
- Assemble the burger by placing the cooked patty and a foie gras slice.
Apple and foie gras burger
- Gently cook 1 thinly sliced and peeled apple in 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon sugar for 15 minutes. Puree and strain the mixture.
- Add sliced ½ medium size onions, 6 ounces balsamic vinegar with 1 tablespoon vinegar to a pan and slow-cook for 20 minutes in low flame.
- Sear seasoned sliced foie gras
- Spread the apple mixture onto a toasted burger bun, place a foie gras slice on top of it, add onion marmalade and close it with another toasted bun
Beef and foie gras burger:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive to a pan and lower the flame to medium-high after the oil is hot
- Cook both sides of the beef patty for 3 minutes each and set aside
- Cook foie gras slices on another pan on medium-high flame for 30 to 60 seconds until it turns golden brown
- Bake foie gras in oven for 6 to 8 minutes
- Meanwhile toast the burger buns with butter
- Assemble the burger by placing the beef patty first, top it with a tomato slice, baked foie gras slice, preferred condiments and add the top bun.
Foie gras makes an excellent filling for burgers. These simple super-easy recipes would undoubtedly be a clear winner in dinner parties. Purchase foie gras from reputable brands for best results.