Having a healthy breakfast is crucial since it is the most important meal of the day. It is a well-known yet sad fact that some of us struggle with eating a healthy breakfast, and most of us tend to skip it. If you didn’t know this yet, let me tell you that skipping breakfast can leave drastic effects on your body and overall health. Most of us don’t have much appetite in the morning, or sometimes we are in a hurry, then end up skipping breakfast. To help you, we are bringing a solution to your problem. If you are feeling lazy or you are in a hurry, then no worries, my dear. Because today, we are sharing a recipe for high protein egg white breakfast sandwich. The best thing about this sandwich is that it contains many nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and you can make it in less time. It will also keep you full for a long time, increase muscle mass, and boost your immune system. Prepare these sandwiches at the beginning of the week and thaw them overnight. You can also find these sandwiches in stores placed inside display freezers. But homemade meals are always the best since they are healthy and hygienic. Now let’s take out the aprons and utensils, and make this tasty and healthy sandwich.
Name: High Protein Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
Total Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2-tablespoons fried fennel
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2-tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ onion (medium, minced)
- 3-cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2-tablespoons fresh thyme (minced)
- 12 eggs
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 2-tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 oz. arugula
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take a baking sheet and rub it with oil.
- Now take a bowl and pour chicken, fennel, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, onion, oil, thyme, and garlic.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Now divide the sausage mixture into six balls.
- Shape each ball into a ½ inch thick patty and place all patties on the baking sheet.
- Bake patties for 15 minutes.
- Make sure you flip sides after every 5 minutes.
- Prepare the eggs meanwhile patties are baking.
- Place a skillet over medium heat.
- Crack and whisk two eggs in a separate bowl.
- Now space two mason jar lids on the skillet, and pour the egg mixture into it very carefully.
- Pour some water into the skillet. Make sure that the water doesn’t reach more than halfway up the jar lids.
- Cover the skillet and let the eggs cook for 4 minutes.
- Now take out the egg from the lid after 4 minutes and let it sit aside.
- Now place an egg patty on a place.
- Top it with sausage, tomato slice, a handful of arugulas, and another egg patty.
- Consume it immediately or store it.
- Prepare other sandwiches the same way, store them in the freezer and consume them within one week.
- You can also serve this sandwich with sriracha or hot sauce.
Calories: 342 kcal
Sugar: 3 g
Fat: 22 g
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 27 g