The authentic taste of sauerkraut soup makes you feel warm and happy. It is the most popular dish, and the modern chefs reveal the recipe. The combined form of smoky sausages, sauerkraut, and pork knuckles build the real flavour of the sauerkraut soup. And it is considered the best dish at parties and other ceremonies. It is the main dish as the base of this food is thick.
It is very convenient for making sauerkraut soup when you invite many friends to your place. The recipe is very easy and understandable. A lot of members can be served at a time in large quantities. It is a popular dish among the people of Europe. The entire game is about knowing the ingredients and the recipe well. To create a unique version of sauerkraut soup, you must use a specific type of meat, seasonings, and other ingredients. Some people add sausages and mushrooms to increase their quantity.
It is important to know the right amount of ingredients used in cooking sauerkraut soup. If you use more or less amount of any ingredient, then the entire taste will be affected. Hence, here are the correct amount of ingredients :
- 100g of pork lard
- 3-4 onions
- 1 kg sauerkraut
- 0.5kg of smoked pork knuckles
- 150g bacon
- 200g sausages
- 2 tsp. Red paprika
- 6 to 7 cloves
- Five allspice corn
- Three basil leaves
- Ten dried plums
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. caraway
- 1-2 tbsp. sugar
- Two bouillon cubes
- Sour cream and chives for garnishing
- 2 tsp. Dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper powder
Procedures to cook sauerkraut soup
Here are the steps to cook sauerkraut soup:
- Step 1- the onions are diced properly and then sautéed with the pork lard. When the colour of the onion becomes translucent, add chopped garlic cloves. Then add smoked sausages and diced bacon. Sautee the ingredients well.
- Step 2- Add two tbsp. of flour and two tbsp. of red paprika. Then add one cup of water and stir well.
- Step 3- Add sauerkraut and 2 litres of normal water. Add seasonings such as salt, allspice corn, pepper powder, and caraway seeds. Cook it for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Step 4- Now add pork knuckles and a handful amount of parsley leaves. Add basil leaves and dried plums.
- Step 5- Add crushed garlic, 2-3 cloves, and bouillon cubes. And cover the lid properly to cook well.
- Step 6- After 30 minutes of cooking, you must taste the sauerkraut soup. If there is any necessity for sugar or salt, then add a little more to it. And at last, add dried marjoram for an amazing taste.
Cook the ingredients for more than 10 minutes and serve hot sauerkraut soup to your guests. They are going to love the recipe of sauerkraut soup as it is truly hand liking. Hence, it would help if you tried this recipe to make your day more memorable.