Biryani recipes are top-rated all over the country and nothing better than preparing it from the Fortune Biryani Special Basmati Rice which is one the best basmati rice in India.
Hyderabadi biryani is believed to be one of the most premier biryani dishes that had evolved during the rule of the Nizams in Hyderabad. This dish is prepared from Fortune Biryani Special Basmati Rice using the dum preparation method. This dish involves the right combination of rice, chicken and a whole lot of spices. The method of cooking this special dish makes it so unique than all others. The dish is a mix of various spices layered throughout the preparation.
Why should one choose Fortune Biryani Special Basmati Rice?
Fortune Biryani Special Basmati Rice is the world’s longest basmati grain ever found and this makes it a delight for the Biryani lovers. The grains have a non-sticky texture making it easy to deeply marinate and steam cook. These qualities make it ideal for preparing any type of biryani resulting in a perfect texture and taste.
- Total Time: 2hrs 45 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Cuisine: Indian
- Calories: 600
Ingredients for marinating:
- ¾ cup of thick curd
- 8-10 Green chillies with small slits in them
- 1 ½ spoon of ginger garlic paste
- One tablespoon of red chilli powder
- ¼ tablespoon of turmeric powder
- ¾ tablespoon of coriander powder
- ½ cup of coriander leaves. These leaves should be chopped.
- ¾ cup of mint leaves
- One lemon juice
- One ¾ tablespoon of salt
Ingredients for biryani masala powder:
- Eight-piece of cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- Four pieces of cardamom
- 1-inch shah jeera
- 12 pieces of peppercorns
Ingredients for cooking:
- I kg of Fortune Biryani Special Basmati Rice
- Get the chicken washed and drained completely
- Two large finely sliced onions
- Two tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves
- One tablespoon of saffron
- ½ cup of lukewarm milk
- Salt can be added as per taste
- Two tablespoons of ghee and five tablespoons of oil
- Some cloves
- Six pieces of cardamom
- One cinnamon stick
- Three bay leaves
- 1 Marathi magga
- One chakra phool
- Ten fresh mint leaves
- One tablespoon of Fortune Oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon of salt
- Water can be added as per requirement
Instructions for Preparation of Chicken Marinade:
- The first step is to wash the chicken with lemon juice. After this water and then strain the chicken thoroughly.
- Add ginger-garlic paste to the chicken.
- Now add red chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder and mix them all well for some time.
- Use a blender to make a paste of several ingredients such as green chillies, mint leaves and salt. This paste is better known as hara masala paste.
- Add this paste to the chicken marinade.
- Add a combination of garam masala which are cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, black peppercorns and caraway seeds.
- After combining, mix all the masalas together.
- Crush some of the onions and mix it with the marinade.
- Next yoghurt is to be added to the mixture.
- Then we have to add some oil and mix the entire marinade.
- Once again, after adding lemon juice and garam masala, it has to be mixed with the whole marinade.
- Next, we have to add salt as per the taste.
- Keep the entire marinade in the refrigerator for a minimum of 45 minutes.
Instructions to cook the rice:
- To start with the Fortune Biryani Special Basmati Rice has to be adequately washed and then later soak it for at least 35 minutes.
- Add water to a cooking pot along with salt, cinnamon stick, shahi zeera, clove, black peppercorns and cardamoms.
- Start boiling water and once it starts boiling completely add the soaking water to it.
- The rice should now be cooked for 75%. This will generally take 5 to 7 minutes.
- The last step will be to strain the rice entirely and keep it aside for some time to settle down.
Procedure to prepare the dum:
- Take a cooking pot and add some cooking oil. Spread this oil all over the base.
- Then add the chicken marinade and spread it evenly in the cooking pot.
- After adding the chicken marinade, add the rice that was 3/4th cooked to the cooking pot.
- Then the rice is spread over evenly on the marinade.
- Spread chunks of coriander leaves, mint leaves and fried onions.
- Next step is to add some lemon juice over the entire mixture.
- Make a combination of saffron and milk and add it to the mixture.
- Then add some ghee.
- After all the mixtures are added some water over the rice.
- Make chapati dough to seal the cooking pot tightly for preparation of the dum.
- Now the flame can be switched on for about 45 minutes on sim flame.