“My idea of heaven is a great big baked potato and someone to share it with. “
Crispy exterior and fluffy insides is the public’s vote. This heavenly meal has got many under the grasp of its fingers; baked potatoes. Full of spirit and energy that passes on to its receptor. Do it yourself by following this sure recipe to make a perfect baked potato.
4 large russet potatoes (depends on quantity desired)
Salt(Kosher or any other seasoned salt) : as required
Vegetable oil(preference, you can use olive oil) : 1 1/2 tablespoon
Butter: 1 tablespoon (substitute for veg. oil)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
Combined: 60 minutes
A fitting wire rack
Hand mixer (for toppings)
- Preheat the oven to 450°f except you’re using a convection oven, reduce to 375°f. Place the rack to the center of the oven.
- Wash potatoes carefully to remove dirts with a vegetable scrub and avoid bruises in the process. Leave to dry then poke all over with a fork or knife to prevent the potato from exploding while baking.
- Soak potatoes in a half cup of salt diluted water until evenly coated. Lay on the wire rack in the baking sheet, straight into the oven for 50 minutes.
- Retrieve from oven and place down to cool for a while. Saturate the shells with butter or veg. oil and return back to the oven to heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and draw an oval shape in its middle. Be careful not to cut through. Then push the potato shells backwards to make an opening for toppings.
- Envelope your potato with your favorite toppings like shrimps, bacon, cheese, milk, etc and spice up with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then serve and enjoy your meal.
- B: This aforementioned procedure is a twice baked process which is a perfect baked potato recipe to me. The above is by preference, if you would like a single bake, just leave potato in the oven for the entire 55 minutes. If you like to bake in your toppings, add them after oiling the potato shells in its opening. Bake for another 15 minutes.
Palate your baked potato using your perfect recipe. You can eat alongside soups, salads and veggies. Potatoes are highly nutritious with low calories. Eat potatoes, stay fit.