We always knew that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but the way our lifestyle is changing we are skipping a healthy breakfast more often than we realize. Now, to compensate that a healthy lunch can be your saviour. But cooking lunch takes time and we often end up eating the same readymade sandwich, burger or salad which are not healthy at all.
So, here are some office lunch ideas that will hopefully resolve this crisis.
- Preparation: Preparing a meal consumes more time rather than cooking it. So, at first, plan out your meal and organize the ingredients according to it, the previous night. You can use small containers and portion out the ingredients so that you can avoid the hassle in the morning. Also, you can cook 2-3 different items over the weekend and then store them for use throughout the week. In this way, you can have different yet healthy lunches every day.
- Repurpose: If you are cooking meat over the weekend then it can give you some good office lunch ideas throughout the week. For example, if you are roasting a lamb over the weekend then you can use the leftover meat to make a Greek salad or a Panini salad. Similarly, if you are cooking chicken then you can use the leftover to make chicken salad or sandwich. Combining vegetables with meat is always a good idea for a meal.
- Make your salads interesting: The thought of eating a salad can make you cringe but if you roll that salad in a rice paper roll or some sliced chicken, beef or ham and then finish it off with some drizzled mustard and roasted veggies then having a salad is not boring anymore is it? So, sizzle up your salad for a great lunch.
- Try different combinations: If you are having a sandwich then put aside the soda or the juice you are planning to use as your side. Rather use pickle, celery sticks, baby carrot, crackers or chips, fruit snacks, cookies or brownies and try something different.
Let’s look at some recipes that are reinventing the office lunch ideas.
- Chorizo and tomato salad: This salad takes around 10-15 minutes to cook and a great option if you are in a hurry.
- Sun-dried tomato pasta salad: This one is very easy to make in large portions so cook it, store it and enjoy throughout the week.
- Avocado and chicken salad: You only need 4 ingredients to prep this meal, so good for a hasty morning.
- Minestrone Soup: Apart from the seasonal vegetables, you can use pasta, sausage, potatoes according to your taste.
- Sausage Casserole: This one very easy to store so you can cook it on the weekend and then use it in midweek.
- Thai chicken lettuce wraps: Wrap lettuce leaf over a chicken filling of your choice and you have a healthy and fulfilling lunch.
These are some good recipes if you are looking for quick office lunch ideas. But if you are looking for shortcuts in cooking you will only find it through cooking.
Therefore, keep cooking and keep inventing.