Have you ever had saffron tea? Or do you know the benefits of this amazing drink? If not, don’t worry because you will learn everything about saffron tea in this blog. So, leave everything and read this post till the end because you are about to give your health a new boost. But before proceeding further, let’s discuss a few things about saffron.
We are sure you know that saffron is the most expensive spice in the world. But do you know why it is so costly? It is because the price of its labor is very hefty. Originally, saffron came from Greece, and it was highly popular due to its medicinal purpose.
Besides this, there are many other advantages of consuming saffron. And the best thing is that red saffron can be used in so many things from the preparation of sweets to tea.
Steps to make saffron tea
If you want to add something healthy and refreshing to your daily routine, saffron tea would be perfect. Surprisingly, preparing a good hot cup of tea is so easy.
- Recipe 1: All you need to do is add 10-15 saffron threads into a cup of boiling water. Then let the water and saffron steep for 5-7 minutes. Once it’s done, you can take out the saffron from the water. And your hot cup of saffron tea is ready. This type of tea will have a strong and bitter taste.
- Recipe 2: If you are not a fan of bitter tea, you can try another saffron tea recipe. For this, you will need to boil water in a saucepan. After that, you can add saffron, tea leaves, and other herbs & spice. Let everything boil for 5-7 minutes, and your hot cup of perfect saffron tea is ready to be served.
Tip: Adding a pinch of cardamom or a cup of raw milk will enhance the taste of tea.
Impressive health benefits of saffron tea
- A powerful antioxidant: The most common use of saffron is as an antioxidant. Since red saffron has various plant compounds in it, it can very effectively protect the human body from oxidative stress and radicals.
- May reduce PMS symptoms: Women age between 20-45 years usually deals with PMS, i.e., premenstrual syndrome. But if they start taking 30 mg of saffron each day, PMS syndrome can be significantly reduced.
- Promoting weight loss: People who are planning to lose weight should consume saffron. It is because some evidence proves that red saffron can help with weight loss.
- Preventing the nervous system disorder: The next notable advantage of consuming saffron is that it helps prevent nervous system disorder. There is an antioxidant in saffron that protects the body from infection, damaging the nervous system.
No matter what you are using saffron for, you will feel the difference if you are consuming saffron regularly. Saffron is a powerful spice, and it will always amaze you with its miraculous benefits.